This is a short overview (goals, exercises) about combining the topic of the Gears & Levers with the practice of cycling.
- Students compare bicycles to simple levers and explain the applications of the gears.
- Cycling with different gear settings or bicycles with differently sized tires
- Using simple levers to lift objects vs. lifting them directly
- Use detached cycling components to create winches for a better comparison
- comparing travel distance per pedal cycle for different settings
Link to image: Gears-Levers-Overview
Link to other lesson sketches: Cycling Topic Collection