Propulsion and speed | dolphin kicks.
- What swimming techniques can people use to swim as fast as possible?
- What tools can help with swimming fast?
- A leg stroke inspired by the dolphin has become established in competition because it allows faster propulsion than pure crawl swimming („dolphin kicks“).
- The dolphin kick works both in prone and lateral position. But be careful: in side position, untrained swimmers quickly swim in circles.
- An effective means of increasing propulsion is to increase the surface area used to generate propulsion, e.g. by using fins.